Phone: 07396 718 254
How I can help you:
Using the most effective, proven techniques, my aim is to help you move forwards as quickly as possible.
My training is practical and solution-focused, helping deal with mental and emotional distress in the here and now.
When our emotional needs are not being met, we suffer considerable distress.
My role is to help you to identify unmet emotional needs and empower you to meet these needs by activating your own resources in new ways.
There is no set number of consultations. I seek to help you feel better when you leave the first consultation, and to continue to progress towards your goals between each session.
This approach is scientific and evidence-based, focusing on what you need to live a mentally healthy and fulfilling life.
My role is to:
- Help you understand depression and how to lift it
- Quickly help with anxiety problems, including trauma.
- Give advice if needed or asked for.
- Not use jargon or ‘psychobabble’, nor waste time dwelling unduly on the past or taking you on long ‘voyages of self-discovery’.
- Be supportive when difficult feelings emerge, but not encourage you to get emotional beyond the normal need to ‘let go’ of any bottled up problems.
- Assist clients to develop social skills so that needs for affection, friendship, pleasure, intimacy and connection to the wider community can be better fulfilled.
- Help you draw on your own resources (which are usually greater than you think).
- Teach you to relax deeply when needed and help you think about things in new and more empowering ways.
- Set tasks between sessions to help you reach your goals, increase your self-confidence and independence.
Through groundbreaking Human Givens therapy, we’ll use a range of tools and techniques including enhanced cognitive, person-centred, interpersonal and solution-focused approaches, supported by the latest research findings.
So, if you’re feeling a bit low, anxious or depressed, please get in touch.
Email email@example.com and we can arrange an initial confidential phone chat and answer any questions you may have. I work with individuals of all ages.
I can work with you to help:
- reduce anxiety — including panic attacks, fears, phobias and obsessions (OCD)
- overcome stress and burnout
- break the cycle of depression
- resolve trauma
- manage anger
- stop addictive behaviour
- improve self-confidence and relationships
- Human Givens Institute Diploma, HG.Dip.P (Trainee)
- Foundation in Psychotherapy & Counselling, Regents University
- Introduction to Counselling Skills, The Minster Centre
- BA (Hons) Communication Studies (International)
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Human Givens Institute, HG.Dip.P (Trainee), Human Givens College
- Fully-accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA) – the independent organisation overseeing all the psychotherapy and counselling bodies in the UK.
I have professional indemnity insurance, an enhanced DBS certificate and ongoing Supervision from an experienced, senior qualified therapist.
I am currently offering places to a final few clients while building up practice hours to complete my professional training.
The cost is towards room hire, travel and my supervision – my time is not charged for.
Phone: 07396 718 254